I am sure you have noticed that I have not posted pictures in the past month, this is because I broke our camera while we were at the North Pole for Alina's birthday. So, I will give you a quick update of what has been going on in our lives over the past month.
The girls had their last soccer game and Alina scored four goals. McKayla, being McKayla and all, was able to touch the ball with her foot once or twice. They both got trophies and were super excited about that. I have signed them up for swimming and they will start the beginning of November. They can't wait.
Mckayla had here parent teacher conference and is doing great. She is reading at a level three, which is what they should be reading at the end of the school year. Her art work is amazing, we love seeing all the pictures she draws.
The girls have both had checkups recently and now let us know on a daily basis that they do not want to go to the doctor. (They both had to get shots.) McKayla is 45 inches tall, which puts her in the 50% and weighs 38 pounds, which puts her in the 8% for weight. Alina is 40 inches tall and 35 pounds, she is in the 50% for both.
Now for the funny things they have been saying:
Just last night the girls came running into my room yelling "Mom, there is a bomb in the the kitchen."
Me: What?
Girls: There is a bomb in the kitchen.
Me: What are you talking about?
Girls: A bomb, we are really scared (so scared in fact that they would not walk past the kitchen to go to the bathroom)
So, after reassuring the girls that there was no bomb in the kitchen we walk in to discover what was on the floor. Are you ready for this? It was a piece of an apple slice.
McKayla: Mom, I need $.50 for milk money.
Me: Go get some dimes. A dime equals $.10, so how many dimes will you need?
Mckayla: Without missing a beat, 5.
She is just too dang smart.
A parent who was volunteering in Mckayla's class stopped Ky yesterday to tell him this funny story: Apparently Mckayla was coloring during quiet time when out of no where she stand up and shouts "I'm as wild as a tiger." She then sits back down and finishes coloring. When we asked McKayla about this she tells us she did not do that. She said I'm as brave as a tiger, not as wild as a tiger.
Hopefully we will have a new camera soon so we can post pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Your family is so cute! I miss hearing stories about your girls at SCO, and I'm glad you have your blog!
--emily nail
Melissa, I doubt there is ever a dull moment at your house. Your girls are so funny! I laughed out loud about the bomb. Where do they come up with this stuff? They are always saying and doing the funniest things. I wish we could see you guys again, it would be fun to hang out. Kierra would love to visit the girls too. Miss all of you!!
Post a Comment