Saturday, November 24, 2012

Anavarza








We visited Anavarza yesterday.  It is a castle and town built by King Leo the 2nd in the late 1100's.

While not as dangerous as some of the castles we have visited, it still had its moments.

I love all of the engravings in the stone throughout the castle.

Looking out over the city below.

Yes, I allowed my child to look out over the cliff.  You can see the cliff next to where we were, the one under us was very similar.

One of the castle walls that is still in tact.

There was a valley of tombs, with hundreds of tombs that had been destroyed over the years.

More tombs.

Writing on the Church wall

Climbing up to the castle wall, the stairs were a little scary, some were missing completely.

On the castle wall.  I loved this because it is just like a castle you would see in the movies, with slits for bow and arrows and everything.

The remaining walls to the church inside the castle.


The view of the castle from the ground.  I don't know if you can see the stairs we had a climb up, but there were several hundred of them.

Climbing up the stairs to get to the castle.  As you can see they are not all even and some were missing.

The castle gate.

McKayla on the castle wall above the gate.  I love the view out the gate.

The girls climbing on the castle wall.








No comments:

Thanks for looking

Our Growing Girls!

Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker